Welcome to Sydney!
Can’t decide if you want your honeymoon to be cosmopolitan or country? Sydney offers the best of both worlds: a hip urban center (think dimly-lit cocktail bars, trendy restaurants, and top-notch nightlife) with easy access to some of Australia’s best natural attractions (think beaches, hiking, and more beaches). Add in award-winning wine, friendly locals, and clothing-optional beaches (really) and you’ve got yourself what we at PearlDive call honeymoon heaven.
Rendezvous to Cobblers Beach for a private swim, take in the breathtaking views above Bondi along the Federation Cliff Walk, or slip into your sexiest ensemble for night out at one of Sydney’s popular cocktail bars. No matter what you choose, one thing is certain — things really are more fun down under.
- For the most romantic sunset, head Leichhardt Park. Settle in along the shore of Iron Cove and watch as the sun seemingly melts into the water.
- Grab a picnic basket and blanket, and spend the afternoon taking in the panoramic views from the top of Mount Steele in Moore Park.
- Avoid the summer crowds over Christmas, and visit between the months of February and May. The weather (and water!) are still warm, and you won’t be bombarded by tourists.
- Don’t forget to pack comfortable walking shoes for exploring, at least two bathing suits, and something special to wear for a romantic night out.
- Take in the incredible cliffside views of the South Pacific Ocean as you stroll hand-in-hand along the iconic Bondi to Bronte Walk.
- Splurge on a helicopter ride for two for a bird’s eye view of Sydney Harbour and the city’s famous landmarks.