Welcome to Santorini!
High above the glittering blue Aegean, Santorini captivates honeymooners with its sun-washed stone buildings and ancient cobblestone streets. If you’re after great seafood, unique local culture, and sexy black-sand beaches, you’ve come to the right place.
A honeymoon to this gorgeous island offers endless opportunities for romance, whether you’re exploring cliffside villages that seem to float on air, playing on the water, or just lounging in the hot sun.
Head to Red Beach for a luxurious dip in the deep blue waters, cruise out to the caldera, kick back with a glass of aromatic wine, or follow hiking trails to postcard-worthy views of sea blue and stone white.
And don’t worry, this volcanic island is technically dormant — we’ll leave the (ahem) eruptions to you and your honey.
Travel Tips for Your Santorini Honeymoon
Headed to Santorini? Lucky you. It’s one of our favorite honeymoon destinations here at PearlDive. Check out these top tips for making the most of your stay, or browse our recommended experiences below.
- Although summer weather (and tourist season) peaks from June to August, visiting during the fall still promises warm weather with a fraction of the crowds.
- For the most romantic sunset, head to the lighthouse near Akrotiri. Known locally as “Faros,” it lights up in stunning shades of fiery reds and oranges as the blazing sun dips into the ocean..
- Dine at a rooftop restaurant, and indulge in a plate of fresh, local oysters. The island is renowned for its extraordinary seafood, and oysters are a known aphrodisiac.
- Don’t forget to pack a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, plenty of sunscreen, and flat, comfortable sandals. High heels don’t agree with the uneven stone walkways here!
- Take in the stunning views of the Palia and Nea Kameni volcanoes while wandering the narrow streets in the cliffside village of Oia.
- Spend a day out at sea. A day cruise, complete with champagne and a sunset, is a must for water-loving couples.